Mission & vision
How did we work?
All players are an integral part of the community
• Core cluster acts as point of adherence for the community
• Core takes the smart component perspective to observe the FoF field
• no hard borderline between the levels
• Interested players welcome at all levels
Interested? Even if Co-FACTOR officially finished, our community is still living! Choose how you would like to contribute and get in touch for more information!
Leaving the pyramid perspective…
…considering the application perspective for smart components
In a year long accepted view on automized production a transition has taken place from strongly hierarchal strucutres of the famous automation pyramide to increased horizontal and vertical integration. In a smart factory of the future this transition will continue and eventually culminate in a complex system of networked “components” collaborating across all previous boundaries.
To address this scenario when looking closer at specific aspects of smart components the Co-FACTOR core group worked in task forces. These were derived from their specific field of application. This allowed for:
• Holistic view on smart components at different levels
• Yet, specific due to task force approach for 3 defined application levels
With ever increasing digitalization of industrial processes and products, virtually all manufacturing sectors can be accomodated representing also different players at different position of the value chain.